4 years in and I am till mesmerised by the ever changing London weather. And mesmerised I was indeed when I woke to a Sunny Sunday June morning, only to realise 1 hour later the sun has been overtaken by greyish clouds and the temperatures has dropped 15deg (or so!).
Now how would this impact our lovely family outing in the park to entertain baby boy? more importantly how it will impact my choice of closing? (always getting my priorities right no?)
Well after moult reflexions, I settled for what it probably not the most stylish ensemble ever but definitely one that ticked my criteria for the day: comfort (as park for me no longer mean peacefully reading a book under a tree) + weather friendly (that would work with a +-10 degrees variable as this is London after all!) + some kind of sparkle to clash with the grey weather (hello red!).
- Moonsoon Dress (okay my husband insists it is actually a SHIRT but never mind). I am not a huge fan of Moonsoon (way too colourful for me). So much not so that I don’t even have it on shop radar. Until I fell in love with this hum dress featured in window (breaking my own rule of not falling for window pieces as chances are they are going to be on everyone!). This was a year ago as I was desperately looking – post baby – for some forgiving hide away. This was bang on and somehow still fit with my style (no no this is NOT postrationalisation). When I first told hubby -who doubles up as my style consultant- “I just bought a DRESS from Moonsoon”, he replied “Was it a long floaty beige SHIRT with red lining”. OMG. Destiny, what else? (secret webcam hidden in my ring to track all my activities? I will stick to destiny for now)
- Dark opaque chocolate tights (Tabio). Related to the whole Dress vs. Shirt thing.
- My always comfortable Chocolate Uggs* (chocolate sounds so much better than brown – no? Plus I am on diet these days so I see Chocolate everywhere!)
- My trusted Mulberry carry all
- My comfort blanket Red scarf to protect my from any unwelcoming wind.
Get Set. Go.
*I hesitated between the Uggs and my other Winter staple -my Black Burberry Wellies – but chose the Uggs in the end. Softness :1. Style: 0.